Patch Sewing Instructions:
Note: Sewing by hand will give you greater control and is easier than trying to use a sewing machine when sewing into leather. Sewing on a patch will leave permanent holes on your jacket to please be careful about placement before you start.
- Identify where you want the patch and outline the area with tailor’s chalk
- Position your inside hand so it is resting flat between the lining and outlines area
- Finally restitch the garments lining and your all set
- Preheat your iron to 325-335 degrees. Do Not Use Steam.
- Press the area where you want your patch to be for 25 seconds
- Position the patch on the garment so that it is positioned where you would like it to be
- The iron should never come into direct contact with the patch
- Turn the garment right side in once more, use your clen lightweight cloth to cover the patch
- Iron the edges of the patch through the cloth to ensure they are thoroughly sealed
- Let the garment cool completely before wearing
- Hot Leathers- Established 1983 (The Leader In Motorcycle Apparel)