How do I sign up for Google Checkout?
If you'd like to use Google Checkout to make purchases on the web, follow these steps to create an account:
- Go to checkout.google.com, and click the link that says Create one now and start shopping, right under Don't have an account?
- Fill out the required fields, and click I agree to the terms. Time to shop!
- Check your email account for a verification message from Google. In order to verify that the email address associated with your account is correct, we will send an email message to the address you use to create your account. To activate your Google account, open the message and click on the link provided.
- Start shopping!
How does Google Checkout work?
Google Checkout makes online shopping quick and easy - now you can buy items from stores across the web, in just a few steps. And you won't have to enter your billing and shipping information each and every time you shop online! Here's how it works:
- You find something you'd like to purchase from a store that accepts Google Checkout.
- Add item(s) you'd like to buy to the store's shopping cart.
- When you're ready to check out and complete your purchase, click the Google Checkout button. You'll need to log in to your account, or create one if you haven't already. Learn more about creating an account.
- Review your order details and click Place your order now. You're done!
- After you place an order, we'll send you a confirmation email along with a receipt.
How much does it cost to use Google Checkout?
You're only responsible for paying for your purchases, including taxes and delivery fees (if applicable). You won't be charged any additional costs for making a purchase through Google Checkout.
A $1.00 pending authorization may appear on your credit card after you sign up for an account -- this will be removed from your statement after a few days, and you won't be charged the extra $1.00.
Can I use Google Checkout outside the United States?
Google Checkout is available to shoppers with billing addresses in a number of locations -- check the list to see if Google Checkout is available in your location.
Keep in mind that all orders are billed in US dollars or pounds sterling. Google Checkout support services are only available in English.
Many sellers offer international shipping -- if it's available from the seller, we allow packages to be shipped to a number of different locations.
How do I review the status of my order?
After you make a purchase, you can review its status by signing in to your Google Account. Here's how:
- Sign in to your Google Account.
On the Purchase History page, check the Status column.
- With some orders, you'll have the option to track the package after it has been sent by the seller. If available, click Tracking #... in the Status column to see your order's estimated time of arrival.
Can I edit my Google Account information?
Yes. What would you like to edit?
How secure are my transactions and account information?
Your payment information and shipping address are saved in your Google Account to make future purchases more convenient and secure for you. We guarantee that:
- Your account information is stored on our secure servers.
- Your purchase information is encrypted during transmission with industry-standard SSL (secure socket layer) technology.
- Google doesn't share your full credit card number with sellers.
- Google won't disclose personally identifiable information about your purchase history to advertisers or merchants.